Sunday, November 1, 2015

Time to be #BeMonumental!

It's here...the biggest taper week of the year. Months of hard work relying on a smart week of choices, trusting your training, and trying not to go cray cray thinking about it.  I drink water like its my job and try not to freak out with my lack of working out and sleeping in, and believe it will pay off on race day. But the perks of this week rock. The obvious, sleeping in, massage with Kara, (who is AMAZING...check her out Bonsai Therapy) and an excuse to eat pasta. And I think this might be my least crazy week at work for the year so far for an extra bonus. It WILL be a good week.

This will be my second Monumental Marathon, with three half Monumental Marathon's prior. I ran last year as my first, on my 36nd birthday, with the thought to do something "monumental" as I am over halfway to 40, (thanks Gina for reminding me of that the other week). Running a marathon definately takes the sting off of being a year older, and as I write this post on my 37th birthday, knowing I am more than ready to run 26.2 miles Saturday and the training to get there, I don't really feel bad being a year older. 

As I said before, with stomach issues aside, (which I am close to figuring out : ), I feel more than ready for 26.2 miles through the streets of Indy. Getting an 18, 21, and a 24 mile run has helped me gain the confidence and figure out nutrition to make this race a successs. The crazy running girls have made running fun again and have pushed to run father (and way earlier on a Saturday) then I ever would do alone. Additionally, I am super excited and honored to run for "Kaitlyn's Krew" and support her memory at Why Not Today. So if you are on the course Saturday, look for me in my hot pink shirt to support the Krew.

And 6 days out weather is looking DRY with sun and high of 56. Considering I don't think it ever got higher than 40 with unforgiving wind last year, raceday weather looks like a dream. And I'd love to say my favorite two letters when I finish, but at the end of the day I just want it to feel good and have fun. And when it's all over, celebrate with champagne and donuts ☺️



No comments:

Post a Comment